Bloomington Fire Station No. 2 214 W. Washington St., c. 1883
The south side of the 200 block of West Washington Street is seen here about 1883. That’s the three-story Bloomington Fire Department Station No. 2 in the middle with the lookout “tower” and bell. The firemen posing out front are likely from Hose Co. No. 2.
The business to the left of the fire station is John T. Walton’s, who manufactured and sold plows, cultivators, buggies, and the like. To the right is David D. Haggard & Co., dealer in wagons, reapers, mowers, and general hardware.