200 North Main Street | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
Home > Blog > Home TV Storefront, 1954 216 W. Washington St., Bloomington
TV Storefront, 1954.

Cecil M. Carlock opened Home TV sales and repair in January 1954.”Television is our business, not a sideline,” read a grand opening advertisement from the January 11, 1954 Pantagraph. Located on the 200 block of West Washington Street in downtown Bloomington, Home TV lasted a year or two before it closed. Note the glass block cross set in the brick wall to the immediate right. That’s the edge of the old Salvation Army building.
In February 1966, these building were being demolished for the Peoples Bank (now Commerce) drive-through when an arsonist took care what was left.


Written By

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Posted in Historic Photos

February 2nd, 2016

0