200 North Main Street | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
Home > Blog > Cotton’s Village Inn 401 N. Main St., Bloomington

Melton “Cotton” McNabney and his wife Millie took over management of this downtown eatery in 1948. Located in the basement of the three-story building on the northeast corner of Main and Monroe streets, some old-timers might remember Millie McNabney’s ham loaf, creamed chicken pie, Swiss steak and pan gravy, and other delectable specials. With the exception of a few years in the early 1960s, the McNabneys ran this downtown landmark until 1971. It closed under different management a few years later.

Who recalls eating at Cotton’s Village Inn?


Written By

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Posted in Historic Photos

March 15th, 2017

0