St. Joseph’s School of Nursing
St. Joseph Hospital School of Nursing was a Catholic institution conducted by the Sisters of The Third Order of St. Francis, under the direction of the Bishop of Peoria. The school of nursing was organized in May 1921 and graduated students until 1962.
The collection includes by-laws, bulletins, newsletters, commencement announcements, photocopied textbook with student handwritten notes, and correspondence between Sister Loyola, Director of Nursing and student Ann Henry and her parents. Henry’s documents also include an itemized bill for student texts, uniforms and a curriculum for the three-year school.