Easter Seal Camp Heffernan
The East Bay Camp was formed in 1930, when its Director Reverend Breen, with the Kiwanis Club, developed Camp Limberlost.* The first session was held in 1931. The original purpose was to promote health and physical fitness for under-privileged children in Bloomington and the vicinity.
Camp Heffernan is now known as Timber Pointe Outdoor Center. The camp offers “the premier resource in the state of Illinois providing specialized and inclusive camping and respite programming for individuals with disabilities or special needs and their families in a safe, accessible and beautiful environment.” The camp is owned and operated by Easter Seals, Peoria and Bloomington.
This collection includes documents, such as committee reports, memos, listings, agendas, minutes and reports, relating to the Easter Seal Camp Heffernan, 1987 to 2000. It includes the formation and history of the East Bay Camp (Camp Limberlost), which was the original facility.