Brown’s Business College
Brown’s Business College (1893-1972) offered training for young men and women entering the workforce. This chain of schools, established by G.W. Brown of Jacksonville, offered classes in various downstate Illinois communities, including Galesburg, Moline, Bloomington, and Peoria. For the better part of a half-century, Brown’s Business College in downtown Bloomington offered “solid and practical” training for young men and women entering the lower rungs of the white-collar workforce. The collection includes newspaper articles from local newspapers in the early twentieth century, advertisements featuring the college, graduation programs from 1917-19, 1928-29, and 1931, and other miscellaneous items.