Brokaw Service League Follies
The Brokaw Hospital Service League was organized in 1925. It was one of the oldest Hospital organizations of its type in the country. In the beginning they aided staff, student nurses, and provided comforts to patients. Over the years the League and its support of the hospital grew. Brokaw Hospital merged with the Mennonite Hospital in 1984 and became BroMenn Hospital. The Brokaw Service League merged with the Mennonite Auxiliary in 1992. After 2000 the hospital became part of the Advocate Group. The service league is now known as Advocate BroMenn Service Auxiliary.
The first Follies in 1947 had a profit of $10,000.00 for new kitchen equipment. During the late 1960s through the early 2000s, a show was held every three years for renovation or purchase of the newest medical equipment. Professional show business directors/choreographers were hired. The last Follies fund raiser was held in 2003. Since then the Advocate BroMenn Service Auxiliary group has turned to other means for fund raising.
This collection contains the programs for the 1947, 1974, 1978, 1981, and 1984 Follies. Newspaper clippings are included as well as photos for the 1969, 1974, 1978, 1981 and 1984 Follies. There are also lists naming the General Chairmen, committee members, cast members, and those behind the scenes who were responsible for the success of the Follies.