Photo of the Week, 88: The Old Switcheroo, November 1935
Seen here is the terminal room of the Wabash Telephone Company in downtown Bloomington. Outside lines terminated here and connections were made with the local switchboard.
By April 1934, the company boasted 10,000 subscribers in Bloomington-Normal and traffic averaging 66,000 calls per day. This photo dates to early November 1935. At the time, the Wabash Telephone Co. was located at 513-515 N. Main St. A more recent tenant, Lancaster's restaurant, occupied the first floor of this building before closing over the summer.