Bloomington Center for Performing Arts Downtown Bloomington, Undated
Opened in 1922, the Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts (BCPA) was originally known as the Bloomington Consistory or the Scottish Rite Temple. Designed by Chicago architects Harris W. Huehl and R.G. Schmid, the auditorium was built to be the home of the American Passion Play, a costumed pageant depicting the life and crucifixion of Christ.
The City of Bloomington purchased the Consistory in 2000, and after extensive renovations reopened it as the BCPA.