200 North Main Street | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
Home > Blog > Windsor Hotel Downtown Bloomington, undated
Old Windsor Hotel, undated.

Located at northwest corner of Center and Jefferson streets on the Courthouse Square, this Italianate-style hotel was Bloomington’s finest for many years. Originally known as the Ashley House, it opened sometime around 1860. In the latter half of the 1880s it became the Windsor Hotel. It was lost in the Great Bloomington Fire of June 19, 1900.
The Illinois Hotel (now Illinois House) replaced the Windsor.


Written By

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Posted in Historic Photos

October 5th, 2016

0