200 North Main Street | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
Home > Blog > Photo of the Week, 28: Waaaaaa!

Newborn Nursery, St. Joseph's Hospital, Bloomington
1929

Seen here are Sisters M. Eligia Trumper (right) and M. Aloysia Plum in the newborn nursery at old St. Joseph's Hospital, back when it was located on Bloomington's west side. Note the stork in the back corner and the Christ Child statue opposite Sister Trumper.

In 1968, St. Joseph's relocated to the city's far east side along what is now Veterans Parkway. Today, the hospital is known as OSF St. Joseph Medical Center


Written By

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Posted in Historic Photos

August 14th, 2013

0