This Standard Oil Co. service station, 1507 South Main Street, Bloomington, opened on July 29, 1939. The modernistic design sparkled with its glazed brick and terra cotta exterior and a color scheme of cream, blue, and red. Denver Aldridge leased the station from Standard Oil and served as manager.
It remained a Standard station into the late 1950s, and though it’s not known when this handsome, utilitarian building was torn down, by the early 1960s, 1507 South Main Street was home to E&J Auto Sales. Today, this lot is occupied by the tavern Bonkers Place.