200 North Main Street | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
Home > Blog > Bloomington’s “Great West Side” July 1932
Aerial view of Beich Plant, 1932.

This aerial view, taken on July 20, 1932, shows the near west side of Bloomington. The view is looking northeast.
“A” marks the western edge of downtown Bloomington; “B” the once-bustling commercial district along the 1000 block of West Washington Street; “C” Union Depot, the Chicago & Alton Railroad passenger station; and “D,” the Paul F. Beich Co. candy plant. Note the northbound C&A passenger train that was about to stop at Union Depot!


Written By

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Posted in Historic Photos

January 27th, 2016

0