Although the pages of the Bloomington Pantagraph were chock full of overseas war coverage and harried homefront preparations, Christmas remained a magical time for area children.
On Saturday, May 25, 1940 in Bloomington, a group of 20 immigrants became U.S. citizens after a naturalization examination and swearing in ceremony.
On October 19, 1948, the local Pearl Harbor chapter of the American War Mothers dedicated a drinking fountain to McLean County's World War II dead. The fountain is located on the east / Main Street side of the McLean County Museum of History (formerly the McLean County Courthouse).
During the Second World War, communities such as Bloomington scrounged for scrap metal to boost the war effort.