On March 1, 1936, several hundred area residents gathered for the dedication of the Normal Post Office, located at 200 West North Street.
The Museum recently received a Normal Sanitary Dairy baseball uniform worn during the late 1930s and early 1940s. Located at 301 Broadway in Normal, the Normal Sanitary Dairy sold milk and other dairy products to McLean County residents from 1930 to 1959.
Ice skating proved so popular in the early decades of the twentieth century that from time to time Bloomington officials established additional skating venues.
In early September 1935, the Smoke House, a cigar and tobacco shop at 216 West Washington Street, was one of several local establishments raided by the Bloomington Police Department. Authorities suspected that the Smoke House was home to an illegal gambling operation.
On September 9, 1935, a U.S. Army Air Corps Keystone B-5A biplane bomber touched down at the Bloomington Municipal Airport (Central Illinois Regional Airport). Though the bomber was part of the 49th Bombardment Squadron based in Langley Field, Virginia, the nature of this visit was personal.
Unitarian Church, Downtown Bloomington. Easter Day, 1932.