200 North Main Street | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
Home > Blog > Angelic Coeds, September 27, 1940 Dedication of the Van Leer Chime Tower
Van Leer Chime Tower, 1940.

Bill Kemp's “Page from Our Past” column in the Pantagraph (linked below) detailed the history of the chime tower on the Broadview Mansion estate in south Normal. The September 27, 1940 dedication ceremony included theatrical elements, such as Illinois Wesleyan University students Dorothy Mae Wilson and Helen Jean Brooks dressed as angels.

Link here: <a href="http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/van-leer-chime-tower-nears-anniversary/article_282834e1-b4a0-5f14-a5d2-df636610eefc.html" rel="nofollow">www.pantagraph.com/news/local/van-leer-chime-tower-nears-...</a>


Written By

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Posted in Historic Photos

September 21st, 2015

0