200 North Main Street | Bloomington, Illinois | 309-827-0428
Home > Blog > Anchor School Circa 1900
Anchor school, 1900.

The small community of Anchor, located in the northeastern corner of McLean County, was once home to this attractive 1896 school building. In 1949, the neighboring rural communities of Anchor, Cooksville, and Colfax consolidated to form Octavia High School, which was located in Colfax, the largest of the three towns (Octavia is now known as Ridgeview). For a while this building served as an Octavia feeder grade school, but it was torn down in 1975.


Written By

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp

Bill Kemp is the Librarian at the McLean County Museum of History

Posted in

February 8th, 2016

0