This unidentified Illinois State Normal University student prepares for the eleventh annual Gamma Phil Circus, held March 21, 1947, at McCormick Gymnasium on the ISNU campus.
Payless Drug: “It’s new! It’s different! It’s the latest in modern drug stores,”
In the early summer of 1943, some forty Colfax area residents, mostly farmers, gathered twenty tons of scrap for the war effort.
Hockey players Carson, Bower, Smith, Rasmussen, Walsh, and Redman play hockey on Angler's Lake, one of several old play pits. The club has since disbanded.
Excelsior School was one of more than 250 one-room schools in McLean County. Joe and Jack Powell working on the kitchen floor while Gayle Bane looks on.
George Lathrop was a Bloomington barber for many years. it was located on the 400 block of N. Main St.
Built in the early 1900s, Emerson School was demolished in 1985. The old school site was converted to green space and is known today as Emerson Park.
This aerial view, looking north, shows the ISNU Quad in 1941.
This scene looks north where Clinton St. The house at the end of the street is gone: it was taken down when the intersection was reconfigured.
A heavy snowfall in February 1908 put a halt to this steam locomotive along the Illinois Central Railroad’s “Bloomer Line.”